Windows Server 2019 Standard
This edition is designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments. This uses a Core-based licensing model & requires the purchase of WS CALs.
Why Standard Edition?
- Deliver enhancements to core Windows Server functionality.
- Enable developers to create cloud-native apps and modernize traditional apps using containers and micro-services.
- Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system.
Datacenter and Standard Edition per-Core Licensing
Windows Server 2019 Datacenter and Standard editions are licensed by physical core. Licenses are sold in 2-packs and 16-packs.
Minimum License Requirements:
- All physical cores must be licensed.
- 8 core licenses per processor.
- 16 core licenses per server.
Standard Edition License Stacking for OSEs
- Standard edition is licensed for 2 operating system environments (OSEs) or Hyper-V containers. Additional OSEs require additional licenses.
*Datacenter edition is licensed for unlimited OSEs.